Friday, January 24, 2014

Our Christmas Dining Room and Breakfast Area

Six days and counting … can you believe it ?!

While I *should* be out shopping, I've been here, snapping and editing pics to share more of our holiday home before it's too late!

I'll keep my *yacking* to a minimum, like I did the other day when sharing our great room and kitchen … just pretend Bing is serenading you while you first take a peek at our dining room, where red, black, white and silver have taken over for the season!


These wintry plates (from HomeGoods) were the inspiration for the colors in here.


Our glittery reindeer, mercury trees and red finials sure were happy that our neighbor was able to fix our broken table leg so that they were able to come out and "be seen!"


Mini lights, tucked into the garland placed on our buffet, help make our room glow at nighttime. 


A Christmas first for me … the addition of black!  And, I gotta say that I'm really liking it mixed in with the red, white and silver!
I spotted these wild sparkly poinsettias at a local Christmas shop and just *knew* that they had to come home with me!

While we never eat in here, I sometimes enjoy just hanging in the doorway and "visiting" this time of year.


And, now come on over to our breakfast room, where traditional Christmas colors have met up with tiny pops of deep purple!



See our new tree?!  It's a fun addition this year, as we've never had one in this spot before … wish I had done it years ago!


I'm a big fan of the box "Y" tree from Wal-Mart (which is a 7 ft, pre-lit Berkley Pine faux tree for only $68)!  We have a few of them around the house ...  they're the perfect tree for little corners and/or small spaces!


Mini wine glasses, grapes, cheese, wine bottles, corks, fruit and coordinating "shatterproof" ornaments cover it from top to bottom!


It's fun for us to be surrounded by lights and trees when "breaking bread" in here!


Thanks so much for taking the time to visit our holiday dining room and breakfast area!  I'll be back to share just a "tad" bit more!

post signature

Pin It!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Our Christmas Great Room and Kitchen ...

Pin It!
WOW, is Christmas really next week ?!  I better get on the ball and finish (wait … make that *start!*) my shopping!

In the meantime, I thought I'd share more of our holiday home … I'll keep words to a minimum since I'm overloading you with pictures of our great room and kitchen!

Step on into our great room, decked in traditional Christmas colors!










I love it all lit up at night!

And, noooow, step on over to our whimsical Christmas kitchen!











I love the crisp red and white in here and, admittedly, I'm going to be so sad taking ALL of this down next week!  Booooo ….

I hope you'll stop back by so I can bombard you with more pictures of our holiday home, including our dining room, breafast area and porch!

Thanks for visiting,
ª