Friday, January 24, 2014

Home Decorating Blogs

Hey all! How are you doing? Do you have the week off? Are you working this week? How are you spending the last week of the year? Have you been out shopping the after Christmas sales? I wrote a to-do list yesterday that included a project I've been wanting to do...re-arrange the shelves in our family room. I wanted to create a white and cream theme with my pressed aluminum collection and touches of metal. I've seen so many gorgeous photos on some of the home decor blogs I follow. Well, last night after dinner I set to work and here's what I came up with.


What do you think? Do you like? You can click on the photo to make the picture larger. I want to do a little tweaking. I want to change the colorful poppies picture on the wall with a new Currier & Ives winter print my friend gave me for Christmas. I also want to add some rolled up sheet music and a handmade banner or tags. Anyway, do you know what the best part of this project is? I didn't buy anything new! Well, that's probably my husband's favorite part! ;) The next photo is the before picture.


It was nice, but change is good and gives us something different to look at. How about a few detailed photos?


Here's a little shell display. The shells in the vintage Bell jar are those Christopher, Dan and I collected on our summer trip to Carolina Beach.



Behind the flowers is a bell jar housing the adorable little bird music box pictured below. I recently found it for just $12 at one of my local antique shops and thought it too sweet!


Next up is some faux paper whites. I've never really liked faux flowers and plants that much, but some are pretty realistic and I don't have the time to fetch and arrange fresh flowers.


The next photo is a stack of books I gathered up that fit the color theme. I want to add a few more books throughout the shelves so I think I'll wrap some in sheet music or Kraft paper...I believe I have some laying around somewhere.

Next is this adorable iron RCA dog I found last summer at the Raleigh flea market. He was a bargain at only $8!


Look at that sweet little face! I tell you, if it's cute, I have a difficult time leaving it behind! :)


This old bird was too cute to pass up on another vintage treasure hunt. And at just $2 dollars, how could I resist?!?! :)


This last photo is a ceramic plaque a dear friend of mine gave me years ago. Love it! I believe she bought it from a Southern Livi
ª